This privacy and cookies policy informs you of how we use personal information submitted to us or personal data collected by us online (using cookies). This policy is available on our website.
Changes of Policies
Session cookie: Keep track of whether you are logged in to our site and to customize the content of the site based on your previous choices.
Statistical cookie: Used to measure traffic and surf behavior, such as if you visited our site earlier or not and create an understanding of how individual visitors use our site
Social Media Cookie: Buttons on our website allow you to share content on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+). These services put 3rd party cookie on our site.
If you do not want to store cookies, there are several ways to prevent it:
- In your browser settings, you can stop it from storing cookies. Keep in mind, however, that some websites work worse without cookies, for example, that it may complicate access to member pages and some features will stop working.
- You can clear cookies from your hard drive. However, settings that you made on certain sites are no longer available.
- If you have a newer browser, it often supports private browsing (incognito). This means that all cookies are cleared every time you close your browser.
Below you find information regarding how Shippax collects personal data, what we do with it, why we collect it and what rights you have.
Where do we get the personal data from?
We primarily receive personal data when you make a purchase on our website and/or sign up for the newsletter. We also receive it through emails and signing of order forms at various events.
What we collect?
This depends on what you signed up for. By signing up for the newsletter, we only have your email information, which does not include storing of your IP-number. Your email is safely stored in our newsletter programme and is accessible by only a handful of people within Shippax. We do not forward your email contact to anyone outside our organisation. And for those of you who are members with login access to the Shippax news site, we can assure you that your password is encrypted and cannot be accessed or read by anyone – not even us at Shippax.
When making a purchase (shippax.com) we store the information filled in, which includes: company name, nature of business, department, title, name, VAT number, address details, phone number and email. This information is safely stored in our customer database, accessible by only a handful of people within Shippax. We do not forward this information either to anyone outside the organisation.
When registering for, and attending the Shippax Ferry Conference, we want to inform you that the contact details you filled in during the registration are safely stored in our customer database, accessible by only a handful of people within Shippax. For passenger safety reasons your name, personal number, gender and nationality will be forwarded to the operator of the ferry on which we hold the conference. All other information will remain confidential.
Why we collect it?
We store and keep personal data for administrative reasons to ensure good customer service. Your email will be subject to receiving our weekly newsletter, and may every now and then be subject to marketing campaigns.
How long do we store it?
The personal data in our registers is stored as long as we find it necessary to have it.
Do we share it?
You can contact us at any time to find out exactly what information we have stored on you and you can request to get this deleted from our register if you so wish.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We ensure that appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to protect your personal data against unauthorized access or destruction, illegal treatment or accidental loss or damage.
We use a secure server where your personal information is processed and limits the access to personal data within the organization. Authorization for access to personal data is given only to individuals within the organization, as well as to the Personal Data Council, for the sole purpose of carrying out their duties.
This site complies with the standards W3C has created for the development of modern websites. This means that the page information is separated from its design by using HTML 5 to structure the information, and that CSS is used to apply the design. This site is produced by DigiFactory web agency in Halmstad.
Navigate with your keyboard
In most browsers available on the market today, you can navigate only using the keyboard (without using mouse).
- ALT + arrow left takes you back to the page you last visited
- ALT + arrow right takes you one step forward if you have backed up with the command above
- ENTER selects a link or sends forms
- TAB jumps between links and form fields
The shortcuts available on this site are:
- S - Skip navigation, jump directly to the text content
- 0 - About the website, accessibility information
- 1 - Home page<
The way to use these shortcuts differs slightly depending on which browser you are using.
- Mozilla FireFox press ALT + SHIFT + (shortcut) at the same time.
- Google Chrome presses ALT + (shortcut) at the same time.
- Safari press ALT + (shortcut) at the same time.
- Internet Explorer, press ALT + (shortcut), followed by ENTER
- Opera press ALT + (shortcut) at the same time.
Changes in policies
Contact us at email@example.com